These are the terms and conditions for the Future Africa Challenge administered and promoted by the Future Africa Leaders Foundation.
Specific rules for the FAC may apply in addition to terms and conditions to complement these standard terms and conditions. As a consequence of a difference of opinion between the standard terms and conditions and any distinct rules for the FAC, the FAC distinct rules will apply.
Your application into the FAC and/or your acceptance of a cash grant (in the event that you win a Cash Grant) constitutes your binding acceptance of the terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and any person with whom you may share the cash grant (in the event that you win a cash grant which is for you and one or more additional persons (“your team”).
DEFINITION OF TERMS:
"affiliate" means our partners, co promoters and sponsors of this competition, our subsidiaries, our and their subsidiaries and respective holding companies, the subsidiaries of their holding companies, and our and their directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives.
“FALF” means Future Africa Leaders Foundation
“FAC” means Future Africa Challenge and it encompasses and also represents the
Challenge itself, the audition and Tv show.
“FAI” means Future Africa Innovators
“MAGNATES” - These are FAC investors
1. All FAC applicants are required to fill and submit an application form online and the application is then subject to FAC criteria.
2. All FAC applications are carefully and thoroughly examined upon submission, therefore, due to the high number of applicants for the FAC, only the applicants shortlisted will be contacted.
3. Once shortlisted for consideration the FAC organizers will evaluate, scrutinize and carry out a background check on applicants, but ultimately the final selection for participation will be decided on a number of criteria and the FAC organizers decision is final.
4. Final selection for FAC applicants in the FAC will be decided on a number of factors including the strength of the idea/innovation, idea/innovative, market plan and projected turnover the idea/innovation can generate.
5. Your information and data will be managed with all confidentiality by the Future Africa leaders Foundation, her collaborators and affiliates. All information provided is subject to and will be handled in accordance with privacy and data protection laws, including The Nigerian Data Protection Regulation 2019, and will not be used for any purpose other than assessing applicants to take part in the programme.
6. Your personal data will be used by the Future Africa Leaders Foundation, her
collaborators and affiliates in accordance with privacy and data protection laws, including The Nigeria Data Protection Regulation 2019.
7. All personal data sent by FAC applicants will be used for the purposes of selecting applicants for FAC, and the production and distribution of FAC auditions and tv show:
▪ All personal data will be retained by FALF for the period necessary for it to use the data.
▪ During the course of the event where the FAC applicant is chosen to take part in the FAC audition and Tv Show and being offered investment by the MAGNATES, FALF will share your personal data with the investor for the purposes of undertaking their own due diligence.
8. The competition is not open to employers, employees, Directors, Heads of units, family members and immediate families and affiliates of staff of the Future Africa Leaders Foundation; hence they are not eligible to apply for the FAC; This also include the spouse, life partner, or associate, or the natural or adopted parent, child, or sibling, of any of the persons specified in the
9. All applicants must be 15-25 years to be eligible: Applicants under the age of 18 must obtain permission from their parents or guardians before applying for the FAC.
▪ Any minor will be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
▪ You may not participate in or win the FAC if you have won a
competition promoted by us within the past three months, unless:
✓ The opportunity is a ticket to attend an event, in which case the waiting period will be one month; OR You are rewards member, OR the Specific rules for the FAC state otherwise.
✓ If you use a mobile phone for your FAC application into the FAC, the telephone calls / text messages you make will be charged at the prevailing rates, which may vary from time to time. "Free" minutes under a cell-phone application do not apply.
10. It is every FAC applicant’s responsibility to ensure that his or her entry is received by us prior to the closure date of the FAC. Any applications which are not received by us before the closure of the FAC will not be eligible to participate, regardless of the reason for the late entry. (FALF), her collaborators and affiliates are not responsible for any applications which are not received by us, whether timeously or at all, regardless of the cause thereof. Without limitation, we and our collaborators and affiliates are not responsible for any issues or technical glitches of any telephone/mobile network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer hardware or software failure or defects, traffic congestion (whether physical, or on the Internet, telephone/mobile lines or at any service provider, web site or other device or medium), or any combination thereof, or any other technical or other problems.
11. FALF, her collaborators and affiliates are not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer, mobile telephone or other device used by you to apply for FAC, or obtain any materials related to the FAC.
12. It is the FAC applicant’s responsibility to ensure that any data OR information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date. Should any of the data provided by yourself in connection with FAC, prove to be invalid, inaccurate, false or misleading, your application shall be disregarded and you shall be prohibited from applying any further FAC for a set period to be determined by Future Africa Leaders Foundation.
13. Any costs or expenses which you may incur unrelated to the FAC is for your own account, therefore FALF will not be responsible for any costs or expenses which you, or your team (if applicable), incur during and for purposes of your application and acceptance into the FAC.
14. The FALF do not guarantee that your application or our acceptance of you to participate in the FAC will result to an automatic win of the cash grant.
15. The FALF do not guarantee also that the cash grant or any aspect of the FAC will meet your, OR, if applicable, your teams’ requirements, preferences, standards or expectations.
16. FALF, her collaborators and affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of the cash grant or any changes that may be made at any time.
17. You may not be eligible to win the cash grant and pitch your idea/innovation at the final stage if it is unlawful for us to hand over the cash grant to you. If you do win such a cash grant, you will forfeit it.
18. Every FAC applicant must possess whatever documents and permissions that may be required in order to accept the cash grants. In the event of the FAC applicant emerging as a winner across the 7 categories of engagement, he/she must possess- regarding international travel, a valid passport and all necessary visa and travel documentation, which documents and permissions it is your responsibility to obtain at your own cost, and which documents and permissions must remain valid in such minimum form and for such minimum period after the cash grant /idea pitching at the final stage date as may be required by the relevant authorities. Every FAC applicants should have a passport with validity of a minimum of six months following your return and have at least three blank pages.
19. FAC winners and/or Finalist across the 7 categories of engagement will be notified by means of the contact details and information provided to us. If we are, or a third-party is, unable to contact a FAC winner and/or Finalist within 30 days, the FAC winner and/or finalist will forfeit the cash grant and FALF reserves the right to emerge a new winner and/or finalist under the same conditions.
20. When the FALF emerge a FAC winner and/or Finalist, we will invite you to be physically present to receive your cash grant and also pitch your idea/innovation before FAC MAGNATES.
21.We will also invite FAC winner and/or finalist to participate in any of our marketing activities, to appear in person in the electronic media and/or the print media, and/or to endorse, promote or advertise any of our goods or services, for which no fee, royalty or other compensation will be payable. You may decline such an invitation.
22. The FALF may request of every FAC applicant to provide us with additional information and documentation as at when due in order to process, confirm and facilitate whether or not you deserve the FAC win and/or becoming our finalist. If you refuse to provide us with the requested information or documentation, you will forfeit the cash grant and the opportunity to pitch as a finalist in the FAC Tv show.
23. The FALF, her collaborators and affiliates, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the FAC or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such occurrence of variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our collaborators and affiliates.
24. You agree that your participation in the FAC, and your acceptance or any aspect thereof, is at your own risk.
25. The FALF, her collaborators and affiliates will not be responsible, and repudiate all liability, for any loss, liability, defect, injury, expense or damage (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, which is suffered by your participation in the FAC or by any action taken by us or any of our collaborators and affiliates in accordance with the terms and conditions.
26. Every FAC applicant, and in the event of your death, your family, dependants, team, heirs, assignees or any other beneficiaries of your estate, indemnify and hold us and our collaborators, affiliates harmless against any claim by you, or your team (if applicable), (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any injury, loss, liability, expense and/or damage which you may suffer, howsoever arising, in relation to your application into the FAC.
27. Every FAC winner and/or finalist acknowledge that the acceptance of the cash grant is subject to the proviso.
▪ All terms and conditions will apply to both you and your team (if applicable), and you will ensure your team agrees to be bound and complies, and will continue to comply therewith.
▪ You will take full responsibility for your team; you indemnify and hold the FALF, her collaborators and affiliates harmless against any claim by your team or any third party in the event that your team suffers any loss or damage in agreement with your team’s acceptance of the FAC
28. If any FAC applicant, winner and/or finalist fail or if your team (if applicable) fails, to comply with any of the terms and conditions:
▪ You will be disqualified automatically and you will forfeit the cash grant and the opportunity to pitch your idea/innovation before the FAC investors.
▪ In the event that you already won and/or emerged as a finalist, you will pay us for any loss or damage incurred by us directly or indirectly as a result of your (or, if applicable your team’s) non- compliance, including all of our legal costs (including attorney and own client’s costs) which we incur in taking any steps in agreement to your (or your team’s) non- compliance.
▪ You will also indemnify and hold the FALF, her collaborators and affiliates harmless against any claim by any person, (whether direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential) of any nature, whether arising from negligence or any other cause, relating to any death, injury, loss and/or damage which may be suffered howsoever arising in relation to your failure (or that of your partner, if applicable) to comply therewith.
29. I am not currently a member of any performing arts and culture union. If I am, or have ever been, a member of any performing arts and culture union, I agree that my participation as a participant on the Program or in the audition process therefore does not constitute a performance or appearance as defined by any performing arts union and culture union, nor does it entitle me to any wages, salary, or other similar compensation. List below any performing arts and culture union memberships within *question above* on the online application form.
30. I do not currently have any outstanding warrants (e.g., criminal offences and arrests, etc.) or restraining orders against me, nor have I been reported to any law enforcement agency as a missing person or a runaway. I have never been arrested or convicted of a criminal offence, except as follows [please list dates and locations of arrest and/or conviction, outcome of charges (including, if applicable, sentencing) and a brief description of the alleged offence(s)] within question above in the online application form.
These terms and conditions will be understood, in accordance with the laws of contract and dispute resolution in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
FALF and the jury’s decision on any and all matters concerning the FAC and/or arising out of these terms and conditions is final and binding on you, and no further communication will be entered into.